A bit about me
Hey stranger! I’m Tristan 👋 thanks for taking the time to read my bio 🫂
Before starting userled.io, I worked
- a few years for American Express as a backend developer and eventually a team lead building and scaling internal payment infrastructure.
- with Yann on our previous venture, Revive, as the CTO to help people in the tech space find mentors and job opportunities during uncertain times (Covid 🥲).
- as a tech lead at nate.tech working to build a universal shopping platform with one-click checkout, a creator economy and social sharing features to inspire and support creators around the world.
When I’m not at my computer i’m avoiding screens altogether if I can. Two of my favourite past times are Gliding ✈ and Surfing 🏄♀️ I’ll admit, life in London doesn’t fit those lifestyles too well.. so I get out of town to travel a fair bit 😎
I enjoy venturing around the city with mates, getting up to no good, doing my best to remember to keep fit and the casual bit of reading (usually around behavioural psychology and the odd philosophical book).
What drives me?
Well, i’m glad you asked. Building cool shit with an awesome team and sprinkled with some sweet sweet customer love. That’s why I started Userled in the first place. Yann and I found a big ol’ opportunity in the market and we’re building the best team in the biz to build a killer product as we all make our way to the 🚀🌖.
Jokes aside, what excites me is potential. The potential in an idea, in a business, in a market — and unlocking the potential in people.
The best way to work with me is...
I’m not good at context switching. My brain is basically single-threaded.. (little engineering joke for you there 👏).
- I’m protective of my time: I tend to block time off in my calendar to focus.
- If i’m wearing my headphones it means i’m deep in it. Feel free to Slack me and i’ll get back to you asap.
- That being said, if it’s something pressing, please feel comfortable to come talk to me anytime.
- If every you have my attention but my mind seems to be wondering off then call me on it. I might need a minute to re-focus but i’ll get there.
I’m a big believer in collaborative work.
- I think people should own their work but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t lean on others for feedback and ideas.
- Pull me aside anytime to show me what you have in mind and let me know where I can help.
I’m a big believe in async comms
- Status updates and non-decision making conversations can usually be in the form of a Slack message or Notion doc.